Pages

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Prayer Request :)

Hi All!

It seems like I've been posting a lot recently... well, nothing wrong with that so I'll just continue. This post is about something that I've been working on for a long time. :)

One of my greatest wish as well as New Year's Resolutions is to have a better relationship with my youngest brother. I'll give you some background of what going on...:

Nerille, being the youngest child obviously gets a lot of attention. When I was younger, I used to get jealous and upset at him because of that. Being the oldest child, people around me always told me, "Aiya, he's still young. Be nice, he's your little brother after all." Pretty soon, a little seed of bitterness began to grow in my heart. I became mean and spiteful toward him. I remember distinctly saying nasty stuff to him; things like, "You're the most annoying person ever," or "I'm not going to give you anymore presents." Whatever he did, I deliberately went to find fault in it... Anyways, things got quite bad. We always poked or hit each other every time we crossed paths. Whenever our parents were busy or out, we would always quarrel and most of the time, someone would end up crying.

Recently, we seemed to be less annoyed with each other. What I did was I wrote a letter to my parents, telling them of my distress and asking for their advice. They gave the common kind of how-to-improve-your-relationship-with-your-sibling advice, like praying, encouraging the other, etc. And, I decided that I'll give it a go. It's not that these pieces of advice is new to me, but, it's just that it's so common and boring that I didn't bother to do anything before. I knew it won't be easy, but still, if you want something real bad, you'll not give up easily.

A month after I wrote to my parents, I received this letter from you-know-who. It read,

Dear Jie Jie,

I want you (In our house, wanting another family member is a way of saying 'I love you'. Please do not interpret that wrongly. Much appreciated.^^) and am sorry for being bad. Look here, Jie, I really want to have our friendship back. Please, Jie. I know you don't like me, but still, try. Please. I want you to be my best buddy. Honestly.

I will pray for you to be my best buddy so please do the same. Thank you.

I <3 U

To: Jie Jie

From: Nerille

I was pretty touched by that. :) I mean how many 10-year-old kids today would write this kind of a letter to his sister? Not many. This is also a huge encouragement to me, knowing that he also wants a happy and healthy relationship with me.

Thank you, God, for such a great brother!

Have a blessed day,
Natasha

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. You have such a sweet younger brother :') Glad that you guys made up! It's a really encouraging testimony.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3