Pages

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2014 Already?!


Hello!

Ah… It’s been pretty crazy, huh? After the crazy fun Christmas celebration, I was expecting some peace and quiet, but well, waddya know, New Year’s fast approaching!

There’re sooooo many things to be thankful for in the year 2013… family, friends and many. many more blessings… I got my own room, turned 16, did some LOTS of baking, began Project 16, as well as made it out alive of several exams… Though it wasn’t a walk in the park, 2013 has taught me many things… So many lessons, I can’t even name them all… (Which probably explains my bad grade… hm… ><)

I’m not really the kind of person that sets New Year Resolutions and stuffz. Not sure why, but it could be that I’m lazy to keep the  resolutions, or I just can’t be bothered… >< Ugh… I’ll have to work on that… Another thing I intend to keep in mind for the next year is to always do my best in whatever I do… which is probably the hardest thing next to trying to control your younger siblings (no offense intended).

Honestly, life scares me sometimes. I want to accomplish soooo much and yet I’m afraid to set goals that are just-out-of-reach and then crumbing into “depression” cos I wasn’t able to achieve it. I want to try new things but I’m afraid of what’s to happen if I did… would it result in an epic failure or an embarrassing episode or was it simply a waste of my time? I want to be different and uniquely me, but I’m afraid of what others will say and think… Thinking of things from this point of view makes the future look so bleak and uncertain, but hey, that’s what makes life fun. Right? I mean, if everything was so predictable, I might just die… Although I don’t advocate crazy schedules that change spontaneously every other minute, having the exact same schedule every single day might just drive me to the point of madness.

In the year 2014, I’ll challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone. No more worrying and fretting. It’s either “grit your teeth and do it” or “Hey, why not try this?” Whatever fears and insecurities, I’ll cast them all to Him and hopefully, I’ll be able to get some stuff done and to make 2014 the best year ever.

Hope you’ll figure out your plans and aspirations for the next year. Let’s do this thing! :)
Happy New Year!

Natasha~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3