Pages

Monday, 23 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas - Two Days - Christmas Colors


Hey dere!

I'm so busy busy busy... So many cool things/events/gathering coming up! SOOOO excited! :P

Christmas has colors, specially assigned and chosen and agreed on and traditional colors…

Think about it, Christmas means, gingerbread, Christmas trees, ornaments, glitter, lights, and red and green and white… I get why there’s green, cos the of the trees and stuff… and white is for the snow (THAT WILL NEVER EXISTS HERE IN THIS TEENY-TINY TROPICAL ISLAND ON THE TIP OF THE MALAYAN PENINSULA!!! *right, I think I’ve made my point*) Moving on… One question, where’d the red come from? I think and think and think and the only answer I’ve come up with is Santa Claus’s red suit… But the color of the suit probably came about after they’ve (who’s they?) decided that red was one of the official Christmas colors… So yeah…

I did some research and while I was doing the research, I found out that there was actually more to these colors than just their color… Read on if ya wanna find out…

Green In Christian tradition, green symbolizes eternal life in Christ (John 3:16-17). Green also happens to be the color of holly and mistletoe, the Christmas fir tree and a symbol, at Christmastime, of nature.

Red - In Christian tradition, this color symbolizes the blood of Jesus which was shed for all humans that they might be saved. (John 19:34). Red is the color of fire inducing feelings of warmth and visions of roaring fires, red berries and Santa Claus.

White - Snowflakes, winter wonderlands, Santa's beard, the white robes of Christmas angels, white is a color of purity and cleanliness; a symbol of rebirth. In Christian tradition, white represents the coming of the light of Christ into the world.

I also found out that gold and silver are Christmas colors too… So here we go…

Gold - The color, gold, symbolizes wealth. It is also a symbol of good health. In Christian tradition gold symbolizes Christ the Divine (Revelations 3:18). During Christmas, gold can be seen everywhere: in tinsel, candles, Christmas stars, angels and twinkling lights.

Silver Silver, like gold, symbolizes riches. In Christian tradition, silver is used in a figurative way to represent God' words. Silver also symbolizes Redemption in Christ (Matthew 27:3-9).
So, there you have it! What is your favorite Christmas color? Mine’s silver. J

~Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3