Pages

Thursday, 12 December 2013

(I wish it were) So Childishly Simple...


Hellooo! ;)

*Alert* This is gonna be a somewhat “deeper” and less fun post, so yeah J

Ya’know, it’s important to remember and appreciate the little things in life. Nothing is mundane if you look at it the right way. Cos every little part counts and adds to the whole, right?

We need to laugh and smile at the simplest joys…

to sing and dance to every song in your heart…

to live and learn like every day is your last…

to reach and achieve more…

Learn to not ask for too much and be happy with just a enough.

Im currently feeling kinda happy but humbled… Well, cos, im helping out at my church’s Vacation Bible School this week. More specifically, Im “taking care” of the nursery kids (2-4 years old). Seeing them laugh and smile at simple things like stickers and toilet roll “binoculars,” just makes me soooo jealous of them. They take life at their own pace and don’t care a fig what others think…Constantly learning new things, they are genuinely knowledge-thirsty. And they always tell me they can do better and achieve more. Sometimes, they run eagerly to me to show off their latest achievement…

Sigh, what would I give to be young again…

I have to admit, I really wish I was still a child… The times when running wild with friends at the playground was considered normal, eating ice-cream without spilling half of it on the floor is the greatest victory yet, and staying up late is a crime. When being able to count from one to ten brings tears to my parents’ eyes. (Ok, mebbe not that dramatic…) When “I tell your mommy!!!” was the WORSTEST threat EVAH. The times when tenses and spellings in English doesn’t make half as much sense as anything else. (honestly, they still don’t :P)

~~~

Have you ever wished that life now is as simple as life was back when we were still little?

Back then, it was so easy to express ourselves. True, we did have a very limited vocabulary, but we also had sooo little to be anxious, concerned, annoyed, confused, crazy about…

Back then, we could while the hours away with nary a care in the word. Now, we sometimes find it hard to sit through an entire meal (especially when we have undone assignments due in an hour’s time). ><

Ah well, everyone has to grow up, and whether you like it or not, you have to too…

So there you have it, my thoughts for the week… Thanks so much for reading!

Sayonara!

~Natasha~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3