Pages

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Random Post #2


Hi!

***

She stood alone in a wide open field. The wind had untangled strands of chestnut brown hair from her loose braid. Her bright, red, wide brimmed hat failed to effective shield the glaring sun from her emerald green eyes. She raised one calloused hand to her thick arched eyebrows in an attempt to block the sun’s glaring rays. Little dots of freckles scattered over her cheeks, nose bridge and a couple spilled onto her forehead. Small and perky, her nose was pointed high into the air as she scanned the horizon. Her full lips parted slightly, showing two clenched rows of straight teeth. Beneath her pointed chin, a white bandana with black tips was knotted tightly. She wore a plain, starched white shirt under her tan leather jacket. Her long-sleeved jacket creased and stretched in different places as she planted her other hand on her hip.

Thick and clunky, a huge, dark brown, leather belt sat low on her hips. Frayed and old, some rope hung loosely from a loop in her belt. Light blue, denim jeans spread tight over her thighs and disappeared into the tops of her knee-high boots. Dusty and caked with mud, her boots stood in the sun which highlighted every detail of her leather footwear. Leather fringes traced the tops of her boots. Like a crazy maze, thousands of lines and wrinkles merged, split and ran across the pair of shoes. Just above the worn-out heel, a silver buckle shone brightly in the sun, contrasting starkly with the matte darkness of her footwear. Slightly discoloured, the tips of her boot pointed stubbornly toward the sun.

***

You’re prolly wondering what’s up with this post. Well, I was bored so I decided to post something random yet specific and detailed at the same time… You get what I mean? All the above is purely from my own mind, a figment of my imagination. I just closed my eyes and the first thing I “saw” was (< wow! Was is actually saw backwards… haha) a great, boundless field. The next thing I “saw” someone looking into the horizon… And yep, that was that!

Hope you enjoyed reading this interestingly different post!

See you ‘round! <3
Natasha~

13 comments:

  1. ooo i love this. great vivid language--love it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I love the descriptions. <3
    (You have a new follower! Yay!)
    Bekah Joan
    foundandcherished.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bekah!

      Aw thanks!

      (You hv no idea how much that means to me... It's such a GREAT encouragement! THANKS SOOOO MUCH! <3)

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  3. Wow. :) Gorgeous writing, I love the way you described her. And I love your blog, Natasha...the only reason I haven't been commenting on it is because every time I clicked on your profile it said it wasn't available. Well, it is now, and I'm a new follower!
    Tane ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oops... I wasn't aware of that... :P Sorry 'bout it! Well, at least it's working now... hehe

      Thanks SOOOOOO much for the follow! <3
      ~Natasha

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! I could so image the girl in my mind! :)

    Great, descriptive writing!!

    xoxo melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a amazing talent for writing! Followed! Your descriptive writing is like me=mind blown :) Love it ♥

    autumn
    autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops, it's not allowing me to follow.. hmmm...I'll try again later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks!!!

      Hm... I've never come across this problem before when I followed other peeps' blogs... Do you maybe know how to fix it? Can I, like, do sth and change some setting? Sorry about it! I'll see what I can do.

      Thanks anyway!
      ~Natasha

      Delete
    2. i think i'm having the same problem as autumn...it doesn't allow me to follow. maybe you want to re-add the followers gadget? or like reset widgets to defaults or something...i'm not sure haha, but it might work.

      best option: google it! google will fix it for ya :P

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3