Pages

Friday, 28 March 2014

Project 16 - Baking Recipe #8 - Apple Crumbles


Hello… Again

Okay, fine… Seems like when I say Im not gonna post as much, I end up posting twice a week… Yep, doncha just love life… :) Here’s another baking post – this time, I baked apple crumbles! Yummeh… :P

This is another sweet and easy recipe. All you need is for the crumple (the crunchy top part) is:

1/3 cuppa flour

1/3 cuppa rolled oats

1/3 cuppa brown sugar

6 tablespoons of butter. (I used the unsalted kind)

For the apple part, you’ll need:

Apples (duh… the apples I used were kinda tiny… if you’re using the regular sized ones, then 4-5 should be good nuff. :])

1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

2 tablespoon of brown sugar

2 tablespoons of flour

Easy? Good.

Here’s how to do it…

First preheat your oven to 350 degrees Celsius.

Make the crumble by mixing all the crumble ingredients together. Once you’re done, throw that into the fridge.

Next, peel and cut up the apples into small bite-sized chunks and mix it with the other 2 ingredients (flour and brown sugar).

Spoon the apples into little muffin cups and press the crumble on top. Fill the cups all the way to the top, cos the apples shrink after they're baked.

Chuck them in the oven for 25 mins.

!!! keep an eye on them, cos they might end up like mine !!!
Hehe… ><

Mine came out a little burnt but still edible, so yay for that. :)
Oh, for maximum enjoyment, plop a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top!
Alrighty, that’s all for now! Thanks much much for stopping by!
~Natasha

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so good! I love baking, but my favorite thing to make is cinnamon buns from scratch! I guess I just like using the yeast and seeing the bread rise :)

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks commenting! Oh, you love baking?! Yay, we could totally be baking buddies... haha :]

    Hmmm... I would love to try making cinnamon buns from scratch. The only problem is... my mom doesn't like cinnamon... Meh ><

    ~Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crumble ! Ahhh ! So nice !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3