Pages

Monday, 16 June 2014

Project 16 - Scrapbook Card #3 (Daddy's Day)

I’m Back! :)

Okay, so I’ve been gone for a little more than a week, but now, I'm back…
With another Project 16 accomplishment.
Yay!
I managed to do a simple little scrapbook-ish card for my dad for
FATHER’S DAY!
I made the card out of a brown paper bag.
Yep, just a regular brown paper bag.
I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Here’s a pic:
 

 
Honestly, I didn’t expect it to look so cute.
Okay, without further ado,
Let me show you what I did.
Here’s what you need:
~ A regular brown paper bag
~ A white pen (preferably an ink pen)
~ Pieces of different brightly colored paper (I used thirteen colors)
~ Pencil & Eraser
~ Penknife
~ Scissors
~ Glue (the stick one works best cos it’s not too wet)
And I think that’s all!
 
Here’s how to do it:

1.      A paper bag has four sides (duh), cut the back side so that it only attached to the rest of the bag by the bottom of the bag. (When you spread it out, it should look like a long strip of paper with the sides of the bag only attached to the front of the bag. I'm sorry if it’s hard to understand ><)

2.      Measure where you want your words to be. Draw out your letters on the front of the bag and cut it out with the penknife. (I didn’t have a stencil so I had to do this by hand. If you have a stencil that’s the right size, then good on you. Use it and be happy.)

3.      *this is an additional step* For some variance, I decided to write out “father’s” instead of doing the same thing. So if you’re thinking of doing the same thing, now’s a good time to do it.

4.      Arrange the colored paper in the pattern you so desire. Position them behind the words and adjust them. Once you’re happy, glue the paper bits together and then glue the entire thing to the back of the front of the bag.

5.      Trim off any edges that stick out to much. Glue the sides of the bag together to hide the paper things.

Mine looks like that when you peek between the sides and the front of the paper bag:

And that’s all for the front of the card.
For the card itself, as in the place where you write, just write on the inside of the back flap and fold it in half when you're done.
As I said before, I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.
And I hope yours turns out just as cool.
Have fun scrapbooking!
Oh, this is late but,
Wish a
Happy Father’s Day
to all your dads for me!
Bye!
~Natasha
p.s. – I love my dad a lot.

36 comments:

  1. aw this post is so cute and sweet and lovely and the card is stunning and just AW :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so....cute, beautiful, creative...I just LOVE it! I especially liked how you just wrote Father's. It added a certain...I don't know. All I know is that I LOVE it! I'm going to try to make this! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Sure, I would love to see the results. :]

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love it! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said to you earlier. THIS WAS SO CUTE.

    I love it so much, and it's so artistic and creative. Great job, girl ((: xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe :) I think we must have both had card inspiration this weekend ! I love this idea ! It's so cute !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, totally! Thanks!

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  6. Very cute card! I love how you did all the colors. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I am so going to try it for fathers day!

    xoxo Asha

    missasha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh and I'd love to see the result!! :]

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  8. Hey Natasha! I tagged you: http://afreemindsw.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute card!! :) Very creative.
    I joined your blog, hope you can join mine back! I really like your blog. :) xx

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check your blog out soon. :)

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  10. That's very neat! I'll have to try that next year for Father's Day! ;)
    Very cute blog! :)
    Caitlin
    http://daughterofdestiny-generation78.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this! The mix of fonts and peek of bright colours look great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey!! Lovely post Natasha! And yes I nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award!! Grace xxx ☺♥☻ http://gracequita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Grace! Wow... Thanks! *skips around*

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  13. I have nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award.

    xoxo Asha

    missasha.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. guess who also nominated you!

    http://awkwarddonkey.blogspot.com/2014/07/la-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksies, Amy-Anne! <3

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  15. Aww omg this is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this card is awesome! So creative, and my handwriting never looks that good.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3