Pages

Friday, 18 July 2014

Project 16 - Baking Recipe #9 - Gluten-free Cashew Cookies


Hey There!
Okay, I haven’t been posting as much as I wanted to this summer…
But, at least I found some time to bake. (<3)
I baked gluten-free cashew cookies.
But before that, some updates/background info.
*cues flashback video*
~~
Recently, about two weeks ago,
My eczema decided to pay me another visit.
This time, with so much vengeance that I thought I was going to die.
I used to only have it on my ankles and sometimes on my fingers and around my mouth.
Now, it’s everywhere… ><
On my face, knees, and elbows (both in front and behind).
Not even my ears were spared.
It hurt, itched, flaked, cracked, oozed, etc. (ew…)
Yep.
So my mom suggested I change my diet. (AGAIN!)
Usually, the lazy me would resist.
I mean, think of all the stuff you have to take time off to specially prepare.
Not to mention the crazy amount of supplements and whatnots you have to eat.
But, the itching, annoyed, and half-dead me readily agreed.
I was ready to do anything to get rid of this disgusting skin problem…
So the gluten-, dairy-, sugar-, processed/refined foods-free diet began on the 7th of July.
I’m beginning to see some changes and improvement so I’m not complaining.
(though it really was such a pain to chug juice and swallow pills)
*End of flashback*
 
I was good girl for the past 2 weeks and managed to resist lots of stuff.
The resisting didn’t really affect me, I'm not a foodie, you see.
But what got me was the craving.
Everything I ate during the diet was almost always mushy and bland.
I craved something crunchy and salty…
Dehydrated fruits and veggies didn’t satisfy me.
Rice crackers were rather bland as well.
So after two weeks of thinking, searching, and craving,
I finally found a gluten-free cookie recipe.
Yay!
It’s also super easy to make.
Double yay!
 
You’ll need:
§  1/2 Cup Cashew spread
§  1 Tablespoon Honey (can sub agave nectar for vegan)
§  1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
§  1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
§  1/3 Cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
 
 
This is the kind of cashew spread I used.
I know this is not a super organic or healthy recipe but hey,
It only makes 12 small cookies… :P
 
Just mix them all together, spoon them onto a baking tray,
Bake at 350 Fo/176 Co for 8-10 minutes, and
TADA!
 

I love the taste and texture – slightly moist… <3
 
Okay, that’s all I have for now.
See you in the next post which will most probably be another award post.
K, bye~!
~Natasha

15 comments:

  1. I've missed you! Oooh, I'm sorry. That sounds really painful. I hope you are feeling better!! My mom, sister and I vary between gluten free, then dairy free (that's the hardest for me) and things like that. I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel better after the diet. Thanks for reading!

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  2. Looks Yum Natasha! and a question how do you get virtual pet! like your fish?
    June
    http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey June! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read and comment on my blog! <3

      Okay so, here's what I did: Click 'Layout' and click 'Add a Gadget' wherever you want your "aquarium" to be. In the new window that pops up, click the tab that says 'More Gadgets.' Scroll down and you'll find the fish virtual pet gadget thingamabob. It's the sixth one. :]

      Hope that helped!
      ~Natasha

      Delete
  3. looks deeelicious, girl! thank God your eczema is getting better (: xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANNA TRY TO BAKE FOR YOU, but i've yet to find a gluten free baking receipe thing. sowwy.
    oh and i know you recently did a sunshine award but i awarded you again :) do it whenever you free k? pleaassee for me? (okay betcha not going to do it anymore) haha <3
    xo. pris
    rainbows and dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Dun need lah. ^^

      Oh sure. I'll try. :P

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  5. I didn't know you had eczema :b
    But at least it's getting better yasssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's painful... (pun intended) But yep, getting better lil' by lil'. :]

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  6. Your brothers seem like a ton of fun! Have you tried coconut oil and essential oils for treating eczema? It tends to be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are! Epicly fun. ><

      Oh, I just realized I forgot to mention that in my post. I tried coconut oil, but it didn't seem to do much (prolly cos I wasn't persistent enuff...). I'm currently using essential oils to help me combat this horrible skin problem. I'm applying lavender, Melrose, and cypress essential oils directly to my skin. It does seem to help a little so I'm gonna keep doing it.

      Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts! I really appreciate it. <3

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Arigato! <3 Thanks for checking out my blog!

      ~Natasha

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3