Pages

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Project 16 - DIY Project #6 - Needle Felted Kitty Head


Hello hello

So, I did this a long time ago

And I forgot to blog about it.

Here is DIY Project [hashtag]6!

I needled felted a little kitty head.

How lovely!

Needle felting is pretty interesting and super cool.

Go ahead and Google it

Cos I have no idea how to explain the way it works.

I bought this is a shop that sells a whole buncha random household and not-so-household items.

In other words, DAISO.

If you don’t have a Daiso in your area,

Well,

THAT’S TO BAD.

Daiso is epic cos

[hashtag]1 – It has everything. From wooden poles to Japanese candies to glass bottles to wires to nail files to photo frames to drinks to phone cases to baskets to hair accessories to etc etc ETC.

[hashtag]2 – Everything is 2SGD… EVERYTHING

[hashtag]3 – The stuff they sell are of pretty good quality. :]

So, now that that’s outta the way…


I bought this the other day

[by the other day I mean four million years ago]


*Thumbs up for procrastination*

Isn’t the kitty cat on the front so ridiculously cute?!

Okay, so, after a couple hours of continuous jabbing,

[hopefully you’ve Googled “needle felting” by now, hehe]

This happened…



As well as four sore and “hole-y” fingers…

Yes, you do accidentally stab yourself in the finger[s] every time sometimes.

I know it looks nothing like the picture…

Why?

Well, that’s cos the eyes they provided were way a tad bit too tiny…

And, mind you, the size of eyes can drastically change the cuteness level of something.

Waddya think?



Overall, I had quite a good time

[because I was watching an epic show while doing this.

Yay for multitasking…]

I feel that the finished product looks close enough to a cat

So yeah.

If I could re-do, I would make the head a little smaller. :]

That’s it!

Have a great day!

~Ashy

4 comments:

  1. OMG I've always wanted to try needle felting! Lol I was just too lazy to buy the stuff for it. And OMG eyes make a huge difference (I mean, you can't make things kawaii without big eyes hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should try it. It's tedious but not that bad. :]

      ~Natasha

      Delete
  2. Awww this is so cute! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3