Pages

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Random Scribblings #2

In one of the rare pockets of silence during today, I managed to sit down and write this. It was very much a one-shot. I have absolutely no idea where this little snippet came from and where it will lead. It's a nice story, I feel. Something interesting and different. Something new.
 
Also, I have no title for this little excerpt... Leave your ideas in the comments below.
 
Now please, enjoy.
 
<3
 
I looked up, only to find that he was looking at me.

We both looked away, flustered, blushing, and yet somewhat happy…

Then, with a rush of flowing skirts and drum beats, the festival began. The women gathered in the open space, spinning and twirling, their skirts rippling this way and that. I watched mesmerized by the simple beauty of everything - the brilliantly dyed clothing in stark contrast against the dull red-brown earth; the joyous shouts and merry voices rising into the endless, cloudless sky.

After a while, the music began to swell and increase in tempo. Couples standing at the edge of the circle were caught up in the flurry of thumping feet and clapping hands and soon, almost every couple had joined in the dance. They smiled and laughed as they tightly held each other’s hands and bopped to the beat of the music.

Unconsciously, I looked in his direction and realized he was gone. I couldn’t help feeling a little disappointed. I kinda did want to dance with him but then again, we’ve never met. We’re not a couple… yet…

I was still lost in thoughts when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. My eyes lit up and I spun around, a hint of a smile playing on the corner of my lips.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gooodness, Natasha! This is amazing!
    Love it <3
    Also, I followed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! Your comment and follow really means a ton to me!! You totally made my day! Thank you, dear!

      <3

      Delete
  2. UGH, I love this! It's so well written and the imagery is just phenomenal. Keep up the good work. :)

    PS: I tried to follow your blog but the followers gadget wouldn't let me. I'll try again in a little bit. :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks, also, for trying to follow. I hope it works next time. :) Haha

      <3

      Delete
  3. NEW FOLLOWER! Because..what can I say? I LOVE IT! :D

    writingforhisgloryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3