Pages

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Random Scribblings #8


Change, yes, that’s it; I need change…

A girl wearing a black, leather jacket hurried across a busy street in chilly London. Strands of her silky auburn hair had come loose from her side braid and she absentmindedly brushed them away from her eyes. She stopped at the curb, scanning the roads for an available taxi. In her right hand, she clutched a steaming hot cup of her favourite Starbucks order: White Chocolate Mocha. Leaning out to the road, she waved her free hand at an approaching cab. It zoomed passed her. She let her hand fall to her side with a huff and scuffed the pavement with the pointed toes of her black boots.

I’m sick and tired of my life; I want change. I can’t live like this anymore. My life is so plain and boring; it’s just wake up, work, sleep, repeat. Every single day! I want something exciting, something cool, and different. I want to turn heads and be amazing. I want to be the girl everyone loves and admires, not just some random, normal person people walk right past. And I’m gonna make this change is happen right now!

Finally, a taxi slowed to a stop in front of her. She stepped off the curb and pulled open the shiny black door. Sitting herself comfortably in the back seat, she reached out and slammed the door shut. Soon after, the taxi calmly rolled off.

Across the street, in a cosy café, two pairs of eyes followed the retreating figure of the taxi.

“What do you think about her?”

“She seems exciting; strong, confident, definitely a head turner.”
 
Hope you enjoyed that. :)
~Ashyy

18 comments:

  1. As usual, I love your posts! I especially like how you vividly described the girl as well as her thoughts, and then also the two-liner conversation at the end makes me want to know the whole story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! It totally made my day!! <3

      ~Ashy

      Delete
  2. wow, you're an amazing writer! Neat blog- I love the name :). Keep up the good work!
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Vivian! You're so sweet!! <3

      ~Ash

      Delete
  3. You are a great writer, and I love the name of this blog! <3
    I can't wait to read more from you, and will totally subscribe if I can find the button.

    x Jordan Sky x
    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh sounds so interesting! I can't wait to read the rest! <3

    ~Eliza
    www.elizatanphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! I love your writing, you're very talented darling <3

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!! Your comment really made my day. :)

      ~Ashy

      Delete
  6. The descibtion is so great. I think we all want to be like this Girl which has an interesting life but i think a lot of this is fiction. We can't live such a life I think, because in every life of us it's also a great Story behinde and it isn't boring.
    Love, Lea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lea! Thanks so much for your thoughts and comment. I really appreciate it. :)

      ~Ashyy

      Delete
  7. Cool post, you definitely have a way with words! Definitely keep up the good work!
    xx Brittany - www.hellobubblegum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks, Brittany!! :)

      ~Ash

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hehe!! Thanks for the lovely comment!!<3

      ~Ashyy

      Delete
  9. I loved it. It kinda hinted at the concept of 'How You See Yourself' vs. 'How Everyone Else Sees You'. We're not always as uncool as we think we are.
    Thanks for the beautiful post <3

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you got what I was going for!! Woohoo!

      Thanks for the sweeeet comment. <3

      ~Ash

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3