Pages

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Random Scribblings #9 :: On Inspiration [or the lack thereof]

 
i see it

there, there!!

quick, reach, grab

it floats away,

a shapeless cloud of midnight blue, neon pink, and autumn-leaf orange,

and comes to rest on the edge of nothingness

come on, let’s try once more

jump, higher

my fingers brush against the formless blob…

lightning pain zaps through my bones

a gentle breeze caresses my face

a pleasant warmness floods my hand

pin-prickles dance across my skin.

in a distance, wind chimes tinkled and

the scent of brownies and french fries wafts through the shimmering air

and then

it disappeared

wow…

i breathe

wow…

18 comments:

  1. BROWNIES AND FRENCH FRIES wheeeeee <3

    love this piece, it makes me feel so...a home for some reason. (i think it's the brownies ha) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I would love to follow you, but for some reason the GFC isn't letting me. :/

    I tagged you for The Song Tag! Check it out if you want!
    http://anotherenchantedland.blogspot.com/2015/10/qotw-song-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy!!

      I think you can add me manually via your blogger dashboard, but it's okay - I'll try to get the thingy to work... ><

      ~Ashy

      Delete
  3. "a shapeless cloud of midnight blue, neon pink, and autumn-leaf orange" i need to draw this!!!SO GOOD!and the little fishies at the bottom are so cute!!!

    http://nownotforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I'm so glad you enjoyed this. :)
      Oh and let me know how the drawing goes. :P

      Thanks for your sweet comment. <3

      ~Ash

      Delete
  4. That's wonderful. I love how you arranged the words in the post, so cool!

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks so much!! <3

      ~Ashyy

      Delete
  5. "Wow," I breathe, "wow."

    The Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love how you used a lack of inspiration to inspire you to write a poem! <3
    "wind chimes tickled" I like this. A lot.

    x Yasmine
    Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I would total do this. :]

      ~Ashyy

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3