Pages

Saturday, 6 August 2016

I Have Three Friends :: Part 3

He passed.
I turned.
He was gone,
But I heard him.
Loud laughter.

Once, I saw him glaring at his reflection
As he flicked a stray strand of hair from his forehead.
It fell back.
He huffed and ran a hand through his hair.

I saw him again --
His silhouette against the light.
His dark eyes shone
And a smile played on his lips.

Every time he walked into the room,
My eyes flickered towards him.
It was automatic, a strange natural reaction.
He crossed the room, smiling, waving, laughing…
I followed his stride,
Each step purposeful yet, somehow, lazy.
Then, he saw me
And
That second felt like forever.
He walks into the room,
I don’t see him.
I’m busy, my mind consumed.
He walks across the room
I still don’t see him                         
With long, confident strides.
Then, he’s next to me
And
The hours pass like seconds.

I hear him call my name --
A calm, gentle voice.
His dark eyes sparkle as they meet mine,
Easing a smile across my face.

He squints at my reflection.
I tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear;
It falls loose.
He laughs and tousled the back of my head.

A hand on my back,
I turn.
He smiles.
I hear us.
Our laughter.

8 comments:

  1. This is so so so beautiful.
    Like, wow.
    -elissa // letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! You're so sweet! <3

      ~Ashy

      Delete
  2. First up, this is cute and I adore it - second up, we used to be blogging buds and now I've finally found your blog again! I used to be the awkward donkey, and now I'm little moon elephant c: just saying heeeeey! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH HIIII, it's been while since I've been active on here. Your sweet friendliness is such an encouragement <3

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      ~Ash

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas so do leave a comment. I reply to comments so remember to check back and read my replies. Thanks! <3